The College Library is a member of the SCONUL Access scheme. This enables all RCSEd Fellows, Members and Affiliates to visit over 150 libraries across the UK and Ireland - including many major universities - for private study space and reference-only use of materials.
Information for RCSEd Fellows, Members and Affiliates
To apply to join the SCONUL Access scheme:
- Applications can be made here
- For Step #1, select Academic & Support Staff
- For Step #2, select Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Click Find
- Select the institution you wish to visit
- Click Apply for access
- Complete the form with your details
- For Library or ID Card number, enter your Membership number
- Click Submit
- A notification email will be sent to you confirming your application
- Your application will be reviewed by Library staff and you will receive a further notification in due course
Please note that some institutions restrict access at certain times of the year, for instance during exam periods. It is advised to check for these restrictions before visiting.
For any enquiries, please contact the College Library.
Information for visitors from other participating libraries
The College Library is available on a reference-only basis for visitors from other participating libraries. We can offer study spaces and access to thousands of books, journals and archival materials.